Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well, another day here at the Carabines and, as always, there's something going on. As if managing Sean's health situation and all of the goodies that come with being on the steroids isn't enough for us to handle, we have found out that my grandmother has cancer. The official word is that she has weeks left and here we all are trying to manage that news. She is amazing in the way she is handling this, better than the rest of us, I might say. She just came home from the hospital yesterday and is settling back in nicely. My grandfather and uncle went and bought her a really nice recliner, since she is unable to sleep in bed, and she seems to be loving it. Overall, this is going to be extremely difficult for all of us, since we have not lost any of our grandparents to someone so close to us. Right now, we're all managing as best we can...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, we are sorry to hear the news about your grandmother. Please send her our best wishes and if there is anything we can do, please let us know. Love PJ, Jess, Jax and Lexi

Anonymous said...

Just a little update. She slept very good the first night in the chair. Courtney and I spent the morning with her on tuesday. Grandpop had a doctor visit. We straightened up the house a little for her. The disarray was bothering her. I also helped her wash her hair and that made her feel better. She is doing amazingly good. Its hard to believe that they only give her weeks to look at her now. She just acts and looks like she is sick. Hospice brought a bed, potty, and wheel chair on tuesday. Dad went over in the evening and she seemed to be settling in to the bed nicely. And of course Grandpop was checking out the new chair. Mom (Pam)

Anonymous said...

You're right, she is handling it amazingly well, better than I am. If you need anything, let me know. I'm sure I'll need you too.
Love,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

She seems like she actually expected to hear it was going to be bad and wasn't really shocked when it was. I was very upset at the time but I have relized there is nothing any of us can do to help her except be there for her when she needs us the most. This is in GOD's hands. I went over there yesterday and she seemed pretty happy and she said she was feeling much better then the day before. Well im here for anyone that needs to talk about it but i better get back to work now LOL but i just figured i would give you guys my updates on the whole thing.
Love,
Chris