Sunday, July 23, 2006

almost to juneau

Well, it has been a long trip so far, and we have only been on the ship for two days! It all started when we left the harbor in Seattle, and a woman needed medical attention so they turned around, and let her back off the ship. Then once we got going again, the water was so rough that everyone spent most of the day sick yesterday. They even had empty sick bags just lying around in case you needed them. Our trip was delayed again when they stopped Friday night in Victoria, British Columbia, to let another guest off because he fell on deck and needed medical attention, which has delayed our arrival into Juneau. Sean and I relaxed in the morning yesterday with massages and facials (very nice). But it was still cold and rough all day. We headed back in late afternoon to take a nap and once we woke up, I was sick as a dog, for the rest of the night. Not sure if it was motion sickness or a virus, but I am feeling much better now. So hopefully, the trip will get better. It is almost 4pm and we are about two hours from Juneau now, where we will be doing some whale watching tonight! So please send us your best wishes and good prayers for a better trip than we have had so far! See you all soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you tonight. I hope things start going better for you. Grandmom is about the same. I think she is enjoying her visit with Aunt Bubbles. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Stay warm and try not to be sick anymore. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

See, this is why you always need to travel with the Howes'!!! Seriously, I hope the trip gets better!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds rough. I hope the trip gets better, which I'm sure it will. Take some great pictures for me!
I saw grandmom Friday. She was good, but quite annoyed by Uncle Bill and Aunt Elrita...no surprise there!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you have had some bumps in the road. Sorry I missed your call last night guys, I was up till midnight doing homework. Is is ok to call u? If it is better, just give me a call so we can chat. Miss you guys. Hope the rest of your week is very enjoyable. I like your body!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have had a much better day today. All is well at Summerhill, getting ready for the wedding. Please get well and do not fall down. We are really jealous of you both seeing Alaska! Love, NY Mom