Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year!


Welcome 2007! Okay, so I am a few days behind, but it has been a little crazy at the Carabine's during this first week of the the new year. Sean, Brutus, and I welcomed the new year very quietly this year, hanging out at our house watching Love Actually and the ball dropping, reminiscing about our days in Times Square! It is so hard to believe that yet another new year is here. We are looking forward to all of the challenges and blessings that this year will bring us.


Here it is the first week of 2007, and we have already faced our first challenge. Sean is coming down off of the steroids because the tumor is stable and the steroids are no longer needed...or so we think. He is taking .5 mg/day which is a very low dose, but it has really taken a toll on his body and functionality. He has limited mobility and his energy level is extremely low. (Here is where I place my disclaimer: Sean's tumor is not causing any of these problems! The symptoms he is experiencing are somehow related to the steroids. We are thinking that the steroids may have messed up the body's natural production of something, but we haven't quite pegged it yet.) That said, after a lot of hemming and hawing, Sean and I decided that it would be best for both of us if I resign from my teaching position to stay home and take care of hubby. So my last day of work will be January 18th and then I will be home to make sure Sean is taking care of himself everyday! So right away our new year is starting off with some major changes. We do want to thank everyone for being super supportive and understanding, it has made all the difference in the world!


As if that wasn't enough to consume our week, Sean somehow ended up with Pink Eye, in both eyes! So we have spent the week trying to get rid of that, and trying to keep me from getting it. But this morning everything looks pretty clear, so we are thrilled about that!


Well, that is all I have for now, but seeing how this year has already started off exciting, I expect that I will be updating more frequently.

4 comments:

Shawn Grimes said...

Hey guys, just wanted to say Happy New Year to you two. Sean is looking great and he's a lucky guy to have Steph to take care of him. I hope 2007 brings lots of good things for you both.

pam parto said...

Keep up the good work. You guys are working so good together. Hopefully before we know it Sean will be back to normal and can be doing his thing again. We will help you out anyway we can just let us know. I will miss the NIH and Dr. Ho visits with Sean maybe sometime I can tag along just for the company. Will see you soon, Pam

prumom said...

Ditto everything Pam says, with "big love"

pam parto said...

Changing things up a bit? Were you tired of the other style? I guess you'll update after fridays visit. Pam