Wednesday, August 30, 2006

quick update

This is gonna be short, but loaded. Sean has had his biopsy turned brain surgery and is recovering amazingly. The doctors determined that it was scar tissue from the radiation Sean had years ago that was acting up, so rather than performing just the biopsy, they removed 80% of the effected tissue in the cerebellum. He is doing awesome and came home today after surgery on Monday.

In other news, my beloved grandmother passed away yesterday morning. She was at peace and my grandfather and my dad were there with her. We spent the whole day together as a family, and it was quite a nice day, reflecting and remembering how wonderful she was.

This morning we received word that my grandmother's sister, who has been fighting illness for about two years, passed away also. They were very close and we like to think that they are somewhere together having a drink and playing cards!

I also started school on Monday, and quickly got kicked out by my fantastic teammates yesterday when they heard about my grandmother. They have taken my class and split them among themselves for the remainder of the week so that I can tend to family matters. I could not ask for more caring and wonderful individuals to spend my days with.

SO needless to say it has been a busy week and will be an even busier and emotional weekend. But we are managing quite well. But for now I am off to spend time with my amazing husband whom I haave missed very much this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that everything is over, take care of that husband of yours.Dad

Anonymous said...

yes it has been a long week
Courtney